December 11, 2009 13:12
Flight Of The Conchords 'won't be returning for a third series'
Bret McKenzie tells NME.COM he and Jermaine Clement do have future plans together
A post on Flightoftheconchords.co.nz confirms that Bret McKenzie, Jermaine Clement and (co-creator) James Bobin were proud of the show's two previous series', but that there are no plans to make a third.
"We've noticed the less we say about the future of the show, the more people want to talk about it, so in an effort to reverse this trend we are today announcing that we won't be returning for a third season," the Flight Of The Conchords post says.
"We're very proud of the two seasons we made and we like the way the show ended. We'd like to thank everyone who helped make the show and also everyone who watched it. While the characters Bret and Jemaine will no longer be around, the real Bret and Jemaine will continue to exist."
However, in an interview published in NME this week (available to buy in the UK now), McKenzie confirmed that Flight Of The Conchords will continue.
"I don't know if it's officially dead, but I think it'd be more likely that we'd do a film or something like that," McKenzie said.
He also confirmed that the Flight Of The Conchords live show is set to visit the UK next year.
He confirmed: "We toured North America earlier this year, and we are planning to tour Europe in the New Year, yeah."
Elsewhere in the interview, McKenzie revealed that he is writing a film and is set to act in a forthcoming film called 'Dukes And Broncos'.
Read the full interview with Bret McKenzie in this week's issue of NME, out now nationwide.
- Previous: Egyptian Hip Hop announce co-headline tour and ticket details
- Next: Jimi Hendrix live 1967/1968 albums to be released