April 7, 2003 11:38

WE CAN'T WORK IT OUT!

A heavy cold puts paid to the star's second night at the Hallam Arena...

Photo: Next Previous

Photo Gallery: Paul McCartney

Paul McCartney's first UK tour in ten years suffered a minor setback over the weekend after the former BEATLE had to pull out of a concert in SHEFFIELD.

McCartney had already performed at the Hallam Arena on Saturday evening (April 5), but cancelled the Sunday show after he woke up with a cold.

The 60-year-old, who has already played 58 concerts since his 'Back In The World' tour began last April, told the BBC on Sunday: "I woke up this morning with virtually no voice. I've been doing all that I can to try and get my voice back and I tried singing a couple of numbers at a soundcheck this afternoon - but nothing has worked and so I am afraid I have to cancel this show in order to save the other gigs on the tour."

Concert organisers have told fans the cancelled Sheffield concert will be rescheduled.

[a][/a] has performed to over one million people and broken box office records in 21 towns since the tour began.

He is due to play the MEN Arena, Manchester, on Wednesday (April 9) and other planned appearances include the National Indoor Arena, Birmingham, on 13 and 14 April, and Earls Court, London, on 18,19, 21 + 22 April. All dates are sold out.

Read More On This Artist

Comments

Please login to add your comment.

Featured Videos
Latest Tickets - Booking Now
 
Know Your NME
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
 

 
NME Store & Framed Prints
Most Read News
Popular This Week
Inside NME.COM
New Issue Out Now
On NME.COM Today