NME.COM

'Leaked' Phoenix Festival line-up featuring Radiohead and Bjork denied by organisers

Mocked-up poster appeared on Twitter earlier today (December 8)

PA
Photo: PA
The authenticity of a 'leaked' line-up for next year's Phoenix Festival has been denied by organisers Music Festivals Plc.

A image purporting to reveal the first wave of bands for Vince Power's resurrected event appeared on Twitter this morning (December 8).

The image suggested Smashing Pumpkins, Radiohead and Bjork would be headlining the Main Stage on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the festival, which would apparently take place between July 12-15. Sonic Youth, Roxy Music, Grace Jones, Vampire Weekend and The Dead Weather were among the other acts featured on the image.

However, a spokesman for Music Festivals Plc said he had "no comment" on the poster, adding:
Music Festivals Plc is working very hard on its summer music offering and we'll announce the line-up in due course.

Phoenix Festival, which was started in 1993 by promoter Vince Power, is set to return next year for the first time in 15 years. Headliners over the years included Sonic Youth, Faith No More and the reformed Sex Pistols. However, in 1998, poor ticket sales led to it being cancelled.

The event was originally held at Long Marston Airfield near Stratford Upon Avon, although organisers have revealed no details of where and when it will be taking place in 2012.

Speaking about his plans to revive the festival earlier this year, Power said: "For those of you who remember the Phoenix Festival, it's my intention to resurrect this festival next year as Glastonbury is taking a break."

Click below to watch a video of Power speaking to NME about festival safety earlier this year.
Benicassim Festival Owner Vince Power On Festival Safety
Video: Benicassim Festival Owner Vince Power On Festival Safety

Share This

Tickets
Connect With Us
This Week's Magazine