July 19, 2012 20:22
Roger Waters' The Wall tour named the highest grossing of 2012 so far Roger Waters Tickets
Bruce Springsteen, Lady Gaga, Pearl Jam also make the Top 10
Roger Waters' The Wall tour has been named the highest grossing tour of the year so far by Boxscore/Billboard.
The Pink Floyd man's global jaunt earned $131.4 million (£83.6 million) from November 1 last year to May 31 this year, selling 1.2 million tickets. The tour ends on July 21 in Quebec City, and will have made more than $350 million (£223 million) in total since it hit the road in 2010, and will have been seen by three million people.
The second highest earning tour in the above time frame is Michael Jackson: The Immortal Tour by Cirque du Soleil, which has racked up $68.4 million (£43.5 million) in tickets, while Bruce Springsteen comes in third with his Wrecking Ball tour pulling in $52.4 million (£33.34 million) in box office sales.
Jay-Z and Kanye West's The Throne, as well as Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift and Pearl Jam have also made the Top 10 of the world's highest grossing tours over the seven month period.
The Top 10 highest earning tours from November 1 2011 to May 31 2012 are:
1. Roger Waters' The Wall ($131.4 million/£83.6 million)
2. Michael Jackson: The Immortal Tour by Cirque du Soleil ($68.4 million/£43.5 million)
3. Bruce Springsteen ($52.4 million/£33.34 million)
4. Jay-Z/Kanye West’s The Throne ($46 million/£29.27 million)
5. Lady Gaga ($44 million/£27.99 million)
6. Van Halen ($38.6 million/£24.6 million)
7. Trans-Siberian Orchestra ($33.4 million/£21.24 million)
8. Taylor Swift ($26.3 million/£16.73 million)
9. Pearl Jam ($25.4 million/£16.16 million)
10. Andre Rieu ($25.3 million/£16.10 milllion)
- Previous: Two Door Cinema Club unveil new single 'Sleep Alone' - listen
- Next: Florence Welch on her vocal injury: 'I felt something go pop'
|Sep 14, 2013||Wembley Stadium||London||
Tickets not currently available.
|Sep 16, 2013||Manchester Arena||Manchester|