December 9, 2013 12:09
Mutya Keisha Siobhan deny being dropped by Polydor
The 'Origibabes' say they are still "100%" with the record label
The pop trio's comeback single 'Flatline' only reached Number 50 in the Official UK Singles Chart, prompting rumours that the band had been dropped by their record label. However, Keisha Buchanan has told NME that the band are still with Polydor. "We're still with Polydor. 100%," she said. "For us we weren’t expecting the single to chart. On the first day it went to 16, then we did one TV show with Alan Carr and it went to Number 10... If we'd done more TV and there had been more promotion around us then we definitely would have had a bigger single. But it did what we wanted it to do. On our Soundcloud we had 100,000 views on one hour. We sold out at the Scala in 60 seconds. For us, I mean I'm not gonna say chart position isn't important, but we are about the album."
'Flatline' was released in September of this year. Buchanan added that their album has been finished since last year. "We've had our record ready since 2012," she said. It is thought that the record will be put out in early 2014.
In August Mutya Keisha Siobhan made their live debut in London. Performing together for the first time in over 12 years, Keisha Buchanan, Mutya Buena and Siobhan Donaghy took to the stage at The Scala, performing songs from throughout their career as well as a host of new songs.
Among the new tracks were 'I'm Alright', 'Love Me Hard' and 'No Regrets'. The trio ended their performance with 'Flatline', inserting part of 'Push The Button' into the song's middle eight. Dev Hynes, aka Blood Orange, who produced 'Flatline', was in attendance at the gig and tweeted: "Getting emotional watching @MKSOfficial play their first show together in 13 years. I’m 14 again!!".
- Previous: Haim and Los Campesinos! engage in sweary Twitter battle
- Next: Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's Syndrome