September 27, 2012 13:56
Beach Boys launch petition against Mike Love's 'money-saving' post-anniversary tour
Love plans to continue touring under Beach Boys moniker without bandmates
Love has previously revealed plans to continue touring under the Beach Boys name after the band's current 50th anniversary, which ends in London tomorrow (September 28).
Al Jardine has called on fans to sign the petition against Love's "money-saving, stripped-down version" of the band, The Guardian reports. The petition, which calls on Love to "reinstate the 3 other members to the touring group for your final years performing" has nearly 4,000 electronic signatures at present.
Meanwhile, Brian Wilson has told CNN that he is gutted Love won't tour with the rest of the band. "I'm disappointed and can't understand why Mike doesn't want to tour with Al, David and me," he said. "After all, we are the real Beach Boys."
Wilson was previously opposed to a reunion, but the recent tour and album 'That's Why God Made The Radio' seems to have garnered some enthusiasm.
Wilson previously said he wants to make a new "exciting rock and roll album" to follow up the reunion record, which could be released next year. However, Love has now said he would only be interested in recording another album if he could "write some songs with Brian". The pair only collaborated on three songs on the last LP.
- Previous: Zac Farro reveals his brother Josh has 'made peace' with Paramore after his tell-all blog
- Next: Producer hails Adele's 'Skyfall' track as 'best Bond theme of my lifetime'