June 28, 2012 8:43
Ringo Starr rules out The Beatles' sons forming a band
James McCartney had previously suggested that the Fab Four's offspring could form a new band
Earlier this year, Paul McCartney's son James said he and the rest of the Fab Four's offspring could pay tribute to their dads by creating a second-generation incarnation of the group.
James, who has released two EPs titled 'Available Light' and 'Close At Hand', admitted that he had discussed working with Sean Lennon and Dhani Harrison, although he did that it seemed as if Ringo Starr's son, Zak Starkey, isn't keen on the idea.
When asked if he had ever thought about forming a band with the rest of the Beatles' children, he replied: "I don't think it's something that Zak wants to do. Maybe Jason [drummer and one of Starr's other sons] would want to do it. I'd be up for it. Sean seemed to be into it, Dhani seemed to be into it. I'd be happy to do it."
It turns out he was right, as Ringo himself confirmed that neither his son Zak Starkey (who previously played with both Oasis and The Who) or Jason Starkey are onboard.
Speaking to WENN, he said: "Both my sons tell me they are not going to do it."
Recently, Beatles legend Paul McCartney revealed that he and his former bandmates had often discussed reforming the band, but had ultimately decided against it in case they tarnished their legacy. He released his latest solo album, 'Kisses On The Bottom', earlier this year.
Ringo Starr himself released his 16th solo album 'Ringo 2012' in January of this year.
- Previous: The Clash's Mick Jones' Justice Band to headline Strummer Of Love festival – ticket details
- Next: Lana Del Rey and A$AP Rocky's duet 'My Bitch'' debuts online – listen