The Prodigy's 'Smack My Bitch Up' tops poll of 'most controversial song'
The Sex Pistols, Eminem and Rage Against The Machine also feature in the Top 10 list
According to a survey by PRS for Music, the group's 1997 single came top of the list, followed by Sex Pistols' 'God Save The Queen' and Frankie Goes To Hollywood's 'Relax'.
"These results demonstrate the link between music and society," Ellis Rich, PRS for Music's chairman, said in a statement. "Many of these songs have achieved iconic status because of the controversy or because the record was banned."
Other songs that featured in the Top 10 include Eminem's 'Kim', Rage Against The Machine's 'Killing In The Name' and Ozzy Osbourne's 'Suicide Solution'.
The Top 10 most controversial songs are as follows:
1. The Prodigy - 'Smack My Bitch Up'
2. The Sex Pistols - 'God Save The Queen'
3. Frankie Goes To Hollywood - 'Relax'
4. Eminem - 'Kim'
5. Rage Against The Machine - 'Killing In The Name'
6. The Shamen - 'Ebeneezer Goode'
7. Ozzy Osbourne - 'Suicide Solution'
8. Marilyn Manson - 'Get You Gunn'
9. Slayer - 'Angel Of Death'
10. XTC - 'Dear God'