May 14, 2011 12:02
Beastie Boys, Prodigy, Kanye West named most dangerous acts to listen to while driving
But Adele, Jack Johnson and Coldplay are the safest, according to new Halfords survey
The survey has been carried out by Halfords, which asked participants if their behaviour while driving was affected by what music they were listening to. 60% of those surveyed answered yes.
Among the tracks that were named in the top five as most likely to cause drivers to speed up or behave more aggressively, were the Beastie Boys's 1994 single 'Sabotage', The Prodigy's 'Firestarter' and Kanye West's Daft Punk sampling single 'Stronger'.
Drivers were also asked which songs they rated as the most calming and soothing to hear while behind the wheel. Songs from Jack Johnson and Fleetwood Mac were named in the top five, along with Adele's recent tearjerker 'Someone Like You' and Coldplay's 'Yellow'.
Top 5 Blood Pressure Raising Tracks
1. Beastie Boys - 'Sabotage'
2. The Prodigy - 'Firestarter'
3. Papa Roach - 'To Be Loved'
4. Kanye West - 'Stronger'
5. Rachmaninoff - 'Prelude In C Sharp Minor'
Top 5 Calming Tracks
1. Vivaldi - 'The Four Seasons'
2. Jack Johnson 'Breakdown'
3. Adele - 'Someone Like You'
4. Coldplay - 'Yellow'
5. Fleetwood Mac - 'Landslide'
- Previous: Anna Calvi battles through arm injury as she plays The Great Escape
- Next: AC/DC: 'We’ll never let people download our music'