UNEXPECTED 'SOUVENIR' FOR PRODIGY FANS? Get Tickets

Unconfirmed reports state that the band's collaboration with Massive Attack will be released later this year...

PRODIGY may release a new single this year entitled 'NO SOUVENIRS', according to unconfirmed reports.

The unofficial Prodigy website www.procon.abso.netclaim that the track, which is collaboration with Massive Attack's Robert '3-D' Del Naja, will be released between July and September.

Speaking previously about the track, which was finished in 1999, 3-D described it as "slightly Pink Floyd; slightly Beach Boys in places; full-on dark, but very musical with some great arrangements".

A UK spokesperson for the band told NME.COM this morning (March 26) that a single release this year was "not out of the question, but not definite either". However, the new album, which was given a working titled of 'Always Outnumbered Never Outgunned', is not expected until at least 2002.

Howlett revealed in October 1999 that 'No Souvenirs', which was also cited for inclusion to the soundtrack to the film 'The Beach' but never included, was the first completed track for the album.

When asked about when the new record would appear, rapper Maxim said recently: "I understand the urgency, believe me I would love it to be out now too. But good music takes time."

Share This

Comments
Don't Miss
Latest Tickets
NME On Social
NME Store