June 19, 2014 15:19

Albert Hammond Jr says The Strokes may play one more show this summer

Guitarist says the band should tour to 'make the world a better place'

Photo: Next Previous

Photo Gallery: The Strokes

The Strokes guitarist Albert Hammond Jr has revealed that The Strokes may play one more live show this summer.

The band played their first gig in three years at the end of last month (May 31) at the 1,800 capacity Capitol Theatre in Port Chester, New York. The show was a warm-up for their slot at Governors Ball on Randall's Island in New York the week after.

Speaking about the shows, Hammond Jr told NME that he thinks the band should do a full tour because he feels "the world is a better place when we're playing". He also revealed that the band may well play one more show this summer, in addition to their only planned future performance at FYF Fest in Los Angeles in August.

Asked if they will play any more shows, he replied: "Hopefully we figure something out. I think we might do one more show but I can't tell you where."

"People have so much fun coming to watch us," he adds. "And I feel so lucky. From my perspective we should record and tour and each of us can still do our own things, nothing interferes with anything else. I feel the world is a better place when we're playing, and not just our [world], everyones."

The Strokes released their fifth album 'Comedown Machine' in March 2013. Julian Casablancas will release his new solo album with his band The Voidz in September.

Read More On This Artist

Comments

Please login to add your comment.

Featured Videos
Latest Tickets - Booking Now
 
Know Your NME
 

 
NME Store & Framed Prints
Most Read News
Popular This Week
Inside NME.COM
On NME.COM Today