August 2, 2012 20:50
Tiësto named highest earning DJ in the world
Skrillex, Swedish House Mafia, David Guetta, Deadmau5 also make the Top 10
Dutch electronic artist Tiësto has topped a list naming the world's highest paid DJs.
Forbes' list of the Top 10 biggest earners in dance music – called the Electronic Cash Kings list – sees Tiësto's yearly earnings put at $22 million (£14 million), followed by Skrillex - who rakes in $15 million (£9.7 million) a year - in second place, and Swedish House Mafia in third with $14 million (£9 million).
Other artists to make the Top 10 include David Guetta, Deadmau5 and Kaskade as well as DJ Pauly D, from US reality TV show, Jersey Shore. On average, Tiësto makes $250,000 per DJ slot.
Forbes' Top 10 'Electronic Cash Kings' list is:
1. Tiësto – $22m (£14m)
2. Skrillex – $15m (£9.7m)
3. Swedish House Mafia – $14m (£9m)
4. David Guetta – $13.5m (£8.7m)
5. Steve Aoki – $12m (£7.7m)
6. Deadmau5 – $11.5m (£7.4m)
7. DJ Pauly D – $11m (£7.1m)
8. Kaskade – $10m (£6.5m)
9. Afrojack – $9m (£5.8m)
10. Avicii – $7m (£4.5m)
- Previous: Fans pepper sprayed at free Trash Talk show in Los Angeles
- Next: Friendly Fires, Frank Turner, Billy Bragg to play one-off charity show in London