Tulisa's trial for allegedly assaulting blogger at V Festival begins today
Singer will appear in court to face charges of assaulting man at V Festival in 2013
Tulisa Contostavlos will appear at Chelmsford Magistrates' court today having pleaded not guilty to a charge of assault by beating in February. The trial is expected to last two days.
Celebrity blogger Vas Morgan claims that she approached him in a "drunken and angry state" at the festival last summer, but a representative for the singer previously denied the allegation. "Tulisa strongly denies assaulting Mr Morgan," they said. "She specifically denies punching Mr Morgan in the eye."
Contostavlos was originally questioned by police after the incident, which is said to have taken place on August 18, 2013, but was released on unconditional bail.
The former N-Dubz member will also face trial in July for a separate legal case, after she was charged with playing a part in the supply of Class A drugs. She was arrested following tabloid newspaper reports that claimed she was involved in an £860 cocaine deal, but both her and her co-defendant Michael Coombs pleaded not guilty to charges.