Scottish DJ-producer famously stormed the 'X Factor' stage with a pineapple on his head in 2009
Calvin Harris is reportedly “in advance talks” for a role on the new series of The X Factor.
The Scottish DJ-producer famously stormed the stage with a pineapple on his head while comedy contestants Jedward were performing on the ITV talent show in 2009, but Simon Cowell is now said to have forgiven him for mocking the show.
Harris is now being lined up to assist Nicole Scherzinger at the Judges’ Houses stage of the competition, The Sun reports.
“Calvin is rightly regarded as one of the biggest artists in music due to his phenomenal chart success,” an insider is quoted as saying. “Simon wants A-listers on board and made a beeline for Calvin, ensuring him there would be no issues after the Jedward row. It was a long time ago and both have moved on so much since then.”
Harris had said in a 2014 interview with Free Radio that he had effectively been “banned” from The X Factor, saying: “As far as I’m aware, in fact definitely, I’m not allowed back on that show. Sadly that’s it for me and The X Factor.”
The X Factor returned to ITV last night (August 27) with Cowell joined by returning judges Scherzinger, Sharon Osbourne and Louis Walsh.