Filming has already started for first Evans series of the motoring show
Chris Evans has revealed that Top Gear will return to the BBC on May 5, 2016, though he remains tight lipped on who he has chosen to accompany him on presenting duties.
Talking with the BBC’s ‘Saturday Kitchen’ earlier today (November 28), Evans said that the team have already started shooting the forthcoming series, which will be season 23 of the motoring series, and that he’s happy with progress.
“By the time we hit the air on May 5, we’ll have 32 films in the can as they say,” Evans said. “We’re going to America to make our first inter-continental in January [and] making another film next week.”
You can watch Evan’s interview here.
(Below: Top Gear’s previous line-up of presenters, featuring Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May. All three have gone on to sign a deal with Amazon, after departing Top Gear).
Evans may have accidentally revealed another presenter involved a couple of weeks ago, when he said on his BBC Radio 2 Show, whilst talking of a prize offering:
“The first Top Gear of the brand new run, you’ll get there the day before. You’ll have your own hot lap with The Stig. You’ll be the star in the reasonably priced car. We’ll then reveal who was quickest at a dinner hosted later that night by Suzi Perry at my pub, which I had forgotten about. Then you will come to the recording of the first show the next day.”
Top Gear had previously confirmed that at least one of the new presenters will be a woman, though Perry had previously denied her own involvement.