The presenter previously hosted the show from 2007 to 2014
Dermot O’Leary is set to return to X Factor later this year, having been announced as the show’s new host just two years after quitting the show.
The presenter previously hosted the ITV talent show from 2007 to 2014, having been replaced by Caroline Flack and Olly Murs for its 2015 series.
Following news of his return, O’Leary has said: “I’m very flattered to be asked back to The X Factor, and am currently dusting off my dancing shoes. There is nothing more exciting than hosting live TV on a Saturday night.”
He added: “The show is naturally very close to my heart, after having hosted it for 8 years. I’m really looking forward to it, and excited to be back”.
Simon Cowell said of the news: “Dermot’s back! Hooray! And so is his dancing! Welcome home Dermot.”
Dermot O’Leary initially joined the show after replacing original presenter Kate Thornton.
It has also been announced that the auditions will again take place in an intimate room in front of the judges, a format that had been replaced by live audience auditions in recent years.