December 30, 2011 14:31
Adele's 'Rolling In The Deep' named as most played track of 2011 on Spotify
It's also been a very good year for Bruno Mars, Rihanna and Jessie J
The track, which was the lead-off single from Adele's hugely successful second album '21', beat off competition from Bruno Mars, who saw his single 'Grenade' enjoy the second highest number of plays.
Rihanna was third with 'S&M' and also featured two further times in the top 10 most played tracks, with her hit 'What's My Name' at Number Eight and 'Only Girl In The World' at Number Nine.
Jessie J occupied both the Number Four and Five slots, with LMFAO at six, Adele once again at Number Seven with 'Make You Feel My Love' and Katy Perry at Number 10 with 'Firework'.
The Top 10 most played tracks of 2011 on Spotify were as follows:
1. Adele - 'Rolling In The Deep'
2. Bruno Mars - 'Grenade'
3. Rihanna - 'S&M'
4. Jessie J feat. B.o.B - 'Price Tag'
5. Jessie J - 'Do It Like A Dude'
6. LMFAO - 'Party Rock Anthem'
7. Adele - 'Make You Feel My Love'
8. Rihanna feat. Drake - 'What's My Name?'
9. Rihanna - 'Only Girl In The World'
10. Katy Perry - 'Firework'
- Previous: Lou Reed: 'Working with Metallica was like getting a Ferrari for free'
- Next: Trudi Styler: 'The tantric sex sessions with Sting are a myth'