Two dolphins overdose at techno rave in a zoo

Shadow and Chelmers died last November at Connyland Zoo in Switzerland

Two dolphins overdose at techno rave in a zoo

Photo: Press

Two dolphins died after inadvertently overdosing at a rave in a zoo in Switzerland.

The animals, called Shadow and Chelmers, died after taking heroin substitute Buprenorphine at an event which was held last November. It is thought that it was fed to them by party goers at the techno weekender at Connyland Zoo in Lipperswil, reports the Huffington Post.

According to reports, Shadow was found dead after the rave, while Chelmers passed away five days later after "shaking all over and foaming at the mouth". Chelmers was given adrenaline but died an hour later.

It was initially thought that the pulsing music played at the event was the cause of the animals' death, but toxicology reports proved otherwise.

Zookeeper Nadja Gasser has said that both animals had a "drawn out and painful" death. "It was horrendous," she added to local press, via the Daily Mail. "I have not been able to sleep since."

Read More On This Artist

Comments

Please login to add your comment.

Latest Tickets - Booking Now
 
Know Your NME
 

 
NME Store & Framed Prints
Inside NME.COM