11. Justin Timberlake, ‘The 20/20 Experience’
11. Justin Timberlake, ‘The 20/20 Experience’ JT’s mammoth return has gone platinum over here with around 300,000 sales, but has sold more than two million in the States. ‘2 Of 2’ has just dropped so he could be looking at a double in the year-end chart.
8. Mumford & Sons, ‘Babel’
8. Mumford & Sons, ‘Babel’ Just to put the UK sales into perspective, the Mumfords’ second album shifted 600,000 copies in its first week alone in the US – a total that would effortlessly take it to the top of the list here. It was last year’s sixth biggest selling album in the UK, with 573,000 copies sold.
5. Daft Punk, ‘Random Access Memories’
5. Daft Punk, ‘Random Access Memories’ A cunning teaser campaign whipped up unprecedented anticipation for the French disco explorers’ fourth album. Its 356,000 sales to date have of course been fuelled by the unavoidable bestselling single of the year, ‘Get Lucky’.
1. Emeli Sandé, ‘Our Version Of Events’
1. Emeli Sandé, ‘Our Version Of Events’ The extraordinary staying power of Emeli Sandé shows no sign of abating. The UK’s biggest selling album of 2012 has sold a further 591,000 copies this year to remain at the top of the pile. Total sales amount to 1.93m.
Information courtesy of The Official Charts Company.