Album review: The Answer The Answer Tickets
* The Answer’s first ever tour of North America was as the opening act for AC/DC’s Black Ice Juggernaut jaunt.
* On the Late Show, David Letterman proclaimed “The Answer: single handedly keeping rock'n'roll alive”.
* The Answer hail from Downpatrick, Northern Ireland, also home to pop-punk heroes Ash.
If the question is “Who are a band who illustrate the power of Guitar Hero to shift public taste towards genres that work well within it,” then Ulster’s The Answer are your answer. As precision-riffing acts such as DragonForce watch their sales swell, with ‘Rise’ featured on both the game and the December TV ads, The Answer have been thrown a lifeline simply by being a new band who’re more classic rock than old classic rock. They’re rubbish, of course. Their default position is to panel it: hard-driving Zep-worship so unvarying in its pace that ‘Everyday Demons’ comes on like one long undead riff plus a lot of yawled guff about about being an ‘Evil Man’ with ‘Demon Eyes’. Come back, Wolfmother, all is forgiven.
To read all our reviews first - days before they appear online - check out NME magazine, on sale every Wednesday
- Previous Album Review : Album Review: Empire Of The Sun
- Next Album Review : Album review: Asobi Seksu
|Mar 15, 2014||Sin City||Swansea|
|Mar 17, 2014||The Globe||Cardifff|
|Mar 19, 2014||The Sugarmill||Stoke-on-tremt|
|Mar 20, 2014||O2 Academy 2 Liverpool||Liverpool||
Tickets not currently available.
|Mar 20, 2014||O2 Academy2 Liverpool||Liverpool|
|15 Mar 2014||Sin City||Swansea|
|17 Mar 2014||The Globe||Cardifff|
|19 Mar 2014||The Sugarmill||Stoke-on-tremt|