Watch the new John Lewis Christmas TV advert 2016 with #BusterTheBoxer Click here to continue the story: http://bit.ly/2eCBC2R This is the story of a little girl called Bridget who loves to bounce. When her mum and dad buy her a trampoline for Christmas, they soon discover that she isn’t the only one with a passion for jumping.
Despite everything 2016 has thrown at us, it’s apparently still going to be the most wonderful time of the year in about a month – and it starts now because John Lewis have unveiled their saccharine Christmas advert. This year’s focuses on a dog called Buster, and Buster is jealous because the animals of Farthing Wood are using the new trampoline in his garden. On Christmas Day, Buster belts past the small child receiving the trampolene as her Christmas gift to get first dibs on it. It’s soundtracked sumptuously by a band called Vaults and a lot of people have said it’s making them cry, but many also couldn’t help but think these 11 horribly cynical thoughts.
1. After the year we’ve had, this had better be bloody good
2. This is extremely unrealistic
3. The wild animals would have made a mess
4. My, what horrible CGI you have
5. In real life those animals would probably have been culled 🙁
6. Also, animals eat other animals: this is a fact
7. Technically, a hedgehog should be hibernating in December
Why have you interrupted its crucial winter rest, JL?
8. Buster should be going apeshit at these incredible scenes
9. Also – if this shit makes you cry, there is something wrong with you
10. It’s not even really new
Just like Trump’s victory yesterday, The Simpsons predicted this ages ago
11. Anyway, a trampoline in December is a totally impractical present
Merry Christmas, one and all!