This recipe makes 12 cookies… (lots of cookies).
When life gives you zombies, make cookies. Just ask The Walking Dead’s Carol. Cookies will help distract from the fact you’ve been stealing fire arms from the other Alexandrians, and should you get caught, cookies will be a handy bargaining chip for suspect children who witness you stealing said firearms. AMC only thought it fair that everyone have access to this delicious apocalyptic sweet treat. All you need is some imagination cooking with non-perishable goods, and this original recipe by AMC to make the official Cookies by Carol.
But don’t go spilling any of the secret ingredients. This is our little secret.
¼ cup applesauce
¼ large chocolate bar
¼ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ cup shortening (solidified vegetable fat. If you can’t find it, try using lard.)
1 cup flour
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup white sugar
¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to bake at 177 degrees C / Gas mark 4
- Combine the applesauce, shortening, brown sugar and white sugar in a large bowl. Mix until shortening is blended.
- Add baking powder, baking soda, flour, salt and vanilla. Mix until doughy and flour is fully absorbed.
- Let the dough stand for three to five minutes.
- Met the chocolate in a glass bowl resting over a pan of boiling water.
- When fully melted, add the chocolate to the dough and mix until fully blended.
- Roll the dough into golf ball sized dollops and place on a baking tray, two inches apart.
- Bake at 177 degrees C / Gas mark 4 for 11-13 minutes.
- Remove from oven, leave on cookie sheet to cool before transferring to a cooling rack before eating.
- Run away from the walkers.
The Walking Dead continues Mondays at 9pm on FOX.