The upcoming brawler features DC superheroes such as Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman, alongside animated heroes from Scooby-Doo and Adventure Time. There’s even a Game of Thrones star if you fancy picking up a sword instead.
“MultiVersus is a brand-new, free-to-play platform fighter that lets you team up with or against your friends using some of the world’s most iconic characters including Batman, Shaggy, Superman, Bugs Bunny & more.”
MultiVersus will support 1v1, 2v2, and 4-player free-for-all modes at launch, with themed levels based on the characters in the game.
Here are some of the characters you’ll be able to play:
- Batman, voiced by Kevin Conroy
- Superman, voiced by George Newbern
- Wonder Woman, voiced by Abby Trott
- Harley Quinn, voiced by Tara Strong
- Shaggy, voiced by Matthew Lillard
- Bugs Bunny, voiced by Eric Bauza
- Arya Stark, voiced by Maisie Williams
- Jake the Dog, voiced by John DiMaggio
- Finn the Human, voiced by Jeremy Shada
- Steven Universe, voiced by Daniel DiVenere
- Garnet, voiced by Estelle
- Tom and Jerry, voiced by Eric Bauza
- Original character Reindog, voiced by Andrew Frankel
Each character will have a unique ability set that’s been designed to pair dynamically with those of other players. That presumably means plenty of combos and the like when you’re playing 2v2. You can customise your character’s per loadout to change up your gameplay, as well as swapping out skins and emotes to make your characters more unique.
Since the game will be free-to-play, it’s going to include in-game purchases, but Warner Bros is yet to confirm what form that will take. However, MultiVersus will include a season-based format, so it’s likely we’ll see cosmetics and the like as part of a battle pass system.
MultiVersus is due to launch in 2022 and will be free-to-play.
Meanwhile, the classic stealth game Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory is now available free on the Ubisoft store until November 25.