Launching December 24, and running until January 11, New World players will be able to get exclusive items based on the Prime fantasy series.
“By watching special New World Twitch streams, fans will be able to unlock new rewards which include weapon skins, apparel pieces and additional surprises. These streams will also include watch parties of The Wheel of Time finale,” which airs 24 December.
— The Wheel Of Time (@TheWheelOfTime) November 19, 2021
If you’re new to Twitch Drops, Amazon says they “are a fun way to get in-game loot just for watching your favourite channels on Twitch! All you need to be eligible for Drops is to log into your Twitch account, set your profile to Online, and meet the Drop goal. Once earned and claimed, simply link your Twitch and Steam accounts to receive the rewards in-game.”
This event runs alongside the New World Winter Convergence Festival which is live now.
Amazon Games is yet to announce the Twitch schedule for The Wheel Of Time event or which streamers will be getting involved but they have revealed a few of the new items that will be available.
Check out the list The Wheel Of Time inspired New World items below:
- Tam’s Blade: A blade stamped with this sigil means its bearer has earned the right to call themselves a master of the forms.
- Shadowspawn Blade: A brutal heavy sword capable of great violence as used by the Trollocs, the soldiers of the Dark One’s army.
- Red Ajah Cloak: Each Ajah has its own specific purpose and rules, with those wearing Red being known for hunting down men who use the one power.
- Children Of The Light: Worn by the White Cloaks and enemies of the Aes Sedai they are the independent military organization dedicated to finding Darkfriends and rooting out perceived evil and corruption in the world.
- Egwene’s Cloak & Nynaeve’s Coat: These outfits represent the look for Egwene al’Vere and Nynaeve al’Meara, residents of Two Rivers, who along with their friends are swept up into an adventure in the search to find the Dragon Reborn.
- Ouroboros Crest: The signature to The Wheel of Time, it represents the serpent devouring itself and being reborn signifying birth and death throughout time.