- READ MORE: “We want ‘Struggling’ to reach ‘Rick & Morty’ fans”: How Chasing Rats Games created the most grotesque game around.
While taking part in the new 3v3 ‘Superpowers! Playlist‘ mode, players will receive a random superpower every time they respawn in what developers are calling “our most transformative game mode yet.”
The powers, according to a press release, are as follows:
- Ballform Bounce – While in Ballform, bounce pads will ultimate throw you!
- Charge-Up – Gain extra overcharge from catches and passes!
- Tackle Strike – Tackle your opponents to deal damage!
- Double Jump – Jump again in the air!
- Healing Powers – Heal your hearts back over time!
- Strength – Pick up opponents by tackling them!
- X-Ray Vision – See and target players through walls!
And you can see them all in action, with the trailer below
The event starts tomorrow (August 24) and runs through to September 7. Also available as part of the event are a variety of exclusive items, including limited-edition hero cosmetics which can be exchanged for power crystals, earned by playing matches in Street Play and League Play or completing contracts.
Some of these unique contracts will need players to master a specific super power “like the Sticky Fingers contract, which can be completed after scoring 10 KOs with the Super Strength super power.“
In other news, the first official Stardew Valley Cup will be running in September, with a $40k prize fund for skilled virtual farmers to compete over.