Tory Lanez reportedly sent Megan Thee Stallion an apology text following the incident in July which left the latter requiring surgery after she sustained gunshot wounds to her foot.
Lanez was arrested and charged by police, who were investigating reports of a shooting, in the early hours of July 12 for carrying a concealed weapon, and has not publicly commented on the incident since.
While he hasn’t been arrested or charged in connection to the alleged shooting that caused Megan’s injuries, the Los Angeles District Attorney’s office is reportedly considering filing charges against Lanez for felony assault with a firearm.
After describing the shooting as “the worst experience of my life”, Megan later claimed in an Instagram Live broadcast that it was Tory who shot her and told the Canadian singer and rapper to “stop lying” about the incident.
TMZ now claims to have obtained a text that Lanez sent to Megan 15 hours after the incident on July 12 in which he apologised “from the bottom of my heart”.
The text message doesn’t directly address the alleged shooting, but it does sees Lanez blame his behaviour on the previous night on being “too drunk”.
“I know u prolly never gone talk to me again,” the message reads. “But I genuinely want u to know I’m sorry from the bottom of my heart… I was just too drunk…
“None the less [sic] shit should have never happened and I can’t change what did. I just feel horrible… Cuz I genuinely just got too drunk.”
TMZ say that they were told that Megan did not respond to Lanez’s apparent text message.
NME has approached Tory Lanez’s representatives for comment.
Last week it was reported that streams of Lanez’s music have fallen by 40% following the alleged shooting incident.