1. Duff, you’re most famously known for being in Guns N’ Roses –which position is your skeleton nailed to the cross on the front cover of ‘Appetite For Destruction’?
“Well, if you’re on the cross, what do you call it? Stage left? I’m cross left.”
2. Apparently you’re a huge fan of Girls Aloud. Can you name the members?
“Um… there’s the one that drinks the vodka. No, I don’t know. I mentioned something tongue and cheek about them because they were on every tabloid when I was over there [in the UK]. I thought it was just a cute remark, but it took off.”
Wrong. Cheryl, Kimberly, Nadine, Nicola, Sarah
3. What type of hat did Velvet Revolver frontman Scott Weiland wear when you performed ‘Slither’ on Top Of The Pops in July 2004?
“What kind of hat? I was playing bass, man! I don’t know.”
Wrong. A WWII German officer’s hat
“Even in 2004 he already started donning that cap, huh? At least it wasn’t the whole outfit.”
4. You nearly died when your pancreas exploded in 1994 due to prolonged alcohol and drug abuse. What two uses does the pancreas have in the human body?
“In simple terms it produces hormones and secretes the enzymes that help digest your food.”
5. Your current band Loaded performed at the Seattle Seahawks Veterans Day half-time show in November last year. What colour eyes does the Seattle Seahawk have?
“What colour eyes? You son of a bitch! Let me see. I’m colour blind, a little hue-challenged. I’m going to say green.”
6. Who out of the following HASN’T Axl Rose had a feud with? Tommy Hilfiger, Mötley Crüe, Scott Weiland, Slash, Jon Bon Jovi, Eagles Of Death Metal, Metallica, Kurt Cobain, Eminem
“Has he had a feud with Eminem? Is that the right answer?”
7. You used to write a weekly blog on economics called ‘Duffonomics’ for Playboy.com. According to your first blog, what two purposes did you hope your column would serve?
“It was like my mission statement. To educate a little bit. And alleviate some fear. That’s kind of my life thing. This quiz is beginning to scare me!”
8. A piano version of ‘Sweet Child O’ Mine’ was used in the Christmas adverts for which British department store in 2009?
“We approved this thing so I kept seeing this email. Damn it!”
Wrong. John Lewis. The cover was by Taken By Trees. Ever been to John Lewis, Duff?
“That’s a whole different question. I don’t shop.”
How do you buy anything then?
“Someone does it for me.”
9. What weapon does Slash fire when Guns N’ Roses cameo in the 1988 Clint Eastwood Dirty Harry movie, The Dead Pool?
“The big harpoon gun.”
10. Homer Simpson’s favourite brand of beer is Duff Beer. What is Duff’s rival called?
“I don’t know. I’ve never seen The Simpsons.”
You’ve never seen The Simpsons?
But Duff beer is supposed to be named after you, right?
“That is correct. Do I get a point for that?”
Er, no. Wrong. Fudd beer. But don’t drink it. It makes people go blind
“I thought my memory was better than a 6/10. Oh well. I kind of feel bad that I don’t know the names of the people in Girls Aloud!”