'This is good news,' says actor
Charlie Sheen has finally been fired from his hit sitcom Two And A Half Men.
Last night (March 7) Warner Bros Television announced that the actor had been dropped from the show, reports Entertainment Weekly.
A statement from the company read: “After careful consideration, Warner Bros Television has terminated Charlie Sheen‘s services from Two And A Half Men effective immediately.”
The show had become television’s highest-rated sitcom, and as its star Sheen had been the world’s highest-paid TV actor. But amid Sheen‘s ongoing public meltdown production was suspended.
The actor’s firing looked inevitable in the wake of a public spat with producer Chuck Lorre, during which he allegedly made anti-semitic remarks.
In the wake of the announcement, Sheen told TMZ.com: “This is very good news. They continue to be in breach, like so many whales. It is a day of big gladness at the Sober Valley Lodge because now I can take all of their bazillions, never have to look at whatshiscock again and I never have to put on those silly shirts for as long as this warlock exists in this terrestrial dimension.”
It is not yet clear whether Two And A Half Men can viably continue without its lead actor.