The Bedford quartet will tour the UK early next year
Don Broco have today announced that they will tour the UK in early 2019.
Following the release of new album ‘Technology’ earlier this year, the Bedford quartet have also released a new video for ‘Greatness’ to accompany the announcement.
Vocalist Rob Damiani said: “Our video for ‘Greatness’ picks up 10 years after what went down in ‘Come Out to LA’ and ‘Technology’.”
“My cyborg self has been buried in the desert and the Earth has been decimated by aliens but luckily I have one ally left who’s got my back in this post apocalyptic world.”
Thankfully, the tour seems much more grounded.
Speaking about next year’s live dates, Damiani said: “We’re so excited to announce our biggest tour to date and first ever arena run next February! We had the best time at Alexandra Palace last year so are massively looking forward to bringing the full Technology show to the rest of the UK.”
The band will begin with two dates at Manchester’s Victoria Warehouse before travelling to Plymouth, Cardiff, Edinburgh and Nottingham. The tour will conclude in London at the SSE Arena, Wembley.
Damiani added: “We’ve never played Wembley Arena before so finishing the tour there will be insane.”
“I saw Foo Fighters there back in the day, it was the first time I’d ever crowd-surfed and remember so vividly getting hauled over the barrier then running back round to the back of the crowd and going up again and again. I reckon I must have crowd-surfed about 10 times. I love that place!”
Don Broco will play:
Friday February 01 2019 – MANCHESTER Victoria Warehouse
Saturday February 02 2019 – MANCHESTER Victoria Warehouse
Sunday February 03 2019 – PLYMOUTH Pavilions
Tuesday February 05 2019 – CARDIFF Motorpoint Arena
Thursday February 07 2019 – EDINBURGH Usher Hall
Friday February 08 2019 – NOTTINGHAM Motorpoint Arena
Saturday February 09 2019 – LONDON SSE Arena Wembley
Following their North American tour this summer, the band will also play at Reading and Leeds festivals in August.
After allegations of sexual misconduct against Damiani were publicly retracted in November, the band spoke to Kerang about the “massive shock” the incident caused and their battle to “stamp out” sexual abuse in all forms.