Hit horror flick A Quiet Place is officially getting a sequel.
The horror film is about a post-apocalyptic world where blind monsters have culled humanity and survivors have to live without making a single sound.Things get complicated when the couple find out that they are expecting another child and must survive with the risk of a noisy newborn in a world where the slightest whisper can get you killed.
Starring Emily Blunt and John Krasinski, and co-written and directed by Krasinski himself, the film bagged a 100% rating on film score aggregate site, Rotten Tomatoes.
The film has also grossed $213 million worldwide so far, with $134 million of that coming from the U.S.
It’s now been announced that the film is set to get a sequel. According to Variety, Paramount Pictures’ chairman-CEO Jim Gianopulos revealed the news at CinemaCon earlier this week (April 25).
However, it’s not been confirmed whether Blunt or Krasinski will reprise their roles.
Meanwhile, it’s been reported that A Quiet Place was once considered to be part of the Cloverfield series.
Earlier this year, Netflix released the sequel to 2008’S 10 Cloverfield Lane with The Cloverfield Paradox receiving a fairly negative response from viewers and critics. Now, it has emerged that A Quiet Place could also have been the sequel, perhaps in its place
Scott Beck, one of the creators who was behind the original conception of the film, said that it was very nearly made part of the series for Paramount – the studio behind the Cloverfield franchise.
“That was one of those things that, I guess it crossed our mind and we had spoken to our representatives about that possibility,” he told Slash Film. “It was weird timing, though, because when we were writing the script, 10 Cloverfield Lane was at Paramount.”
“We were actually talking to an executive there about this film, and it felt from pitch form that there might be crossover, but when we finally took the final script in to Paramount, they saw it as a totally different movie.”