Actress says they expect to begin filming 'Episode VII' in March or April
Carrie Fisher has confirmed that she and fellow original Star Wars icons Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford will return for Episode VII.
It has long been rumoured that Fisher, Hamill and Ford would reprise their respective roles as Princess Leia, Luke Skywalker and Han Solo for JJ Abrams’ reboot of the sci-fi franchise. Now, according to TV Guide, Fisher has confirmed that the trio are set to begin shooting scenes in March or April of this year, adding: “I’d like to wear my old hairstyle [her iconic cinnamon buns style] again – but with white hair. I think that would be funny.”
It was revealed earlier this week (January 20) that the script for Episode VII has now been completed. Abrams said: “We’re working really hard and we’ve got our script and we’re in deep prep. Full steam ahead.” The director also addressed the many rumours surrounding the film, adding: “There’ve been so many of them. It’s amazing to see how many there are. But it’s sweet because it shows that there’s an interest in this movie that we all obviously know is there.”
Star Wars: Episode VII is expected to open in cinemas on December 18, 2015, with shooting due to begin later this year at Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire.
Judi Dench was recently linked with a role in the film, while Atonement‘s Saoirse Ronan and The Wire actor Michael B Jordan have both revealed they have auditioned for roles and Benedict Cumberbatch, who worked with Abrams on last year’s Star Trek Into Darkness, has been linked to the project too.