The reshoots reportedly cost $10 million
Christopher Plummer replaces Kevin Spacey in the all new trailer for ‘All the Money in the World’.
Plummer replaced Spacey as billionaire Jean Paul Getty after the two-time Oscar winner was the subject of multiple accusations of sexual misconduct, assault and harassment over the past month or so. Following the claims, Spacey issued a statement, saying that he was “taking the time necessary to seek evaluation and treatment”.
The new trailer arrives after director Ridley Scott decided to erase Spacey’s role in the film, which was originally slated for a December 22 release. Co-stars Mark Wahlberg and Michelle Williams are reported to be partaking in the reshoots. See the new trailer below.
Plummer was reportedly Scott’s first choice for the role, before he was ‘pressured’ into casting a bigger name. Sony are said to support the decision to reshoot.
The cost of the reshoots reportedly cost Sony around $10 million.
Last week (November 22), it was reported that London police are investigating Spacey over a second sexual assault allegation.
After previously confirming that Spacey was being investigated over one allegation of sexual assault, Scotland Yard has now launched an investigation into a second claim.
“Officers from the Child Abuse and Sexual Offences Command are investigating,” a spokesperson for the Metropolitan Police told The Hollywood Reporter. According to reports, this latest accusation refers to an incident that allegedly took place in 2005 in Lambeth, the London borough where the Old Vic theatre is located. Spacey was artistic director there at the time.
London’s Old Vic Theatre recently confirmed that it had received 20 personal testimonies of alleged inappropriate behaviour by Spacey while in his role. The theatre had previously been accused of previously “ignoring” allegations made against Spacey. However, the Old Vic chief executive who hired Spacey has denied having prior knowledge of any alleged misconduct.