Corey Feldman has responded to reports that a Hollywood A-lister is set to be named as an alleged sexual predator.
Former child star Feldman, who starred in movies such as The Goonies and The Lost Boys, has previously claimed that he was abused during the early years of his career.
Radar Online report that “one of the most recognisable faces in the industry” is set to be named as an alleged abuser in what “would inevitably become one of the biggest pedophile scandals in America’s history”.
The report continues to allege that the individual raped late child star Corey Haim, who appeared alongside Feldman in Lost Boys.
Feldman took to Twitter to post a link to the Radar report, saying that he “hopes” the story is “true” and that it would bring “an end [to] a nightmare”.
— Corey Feldman (@Corey_Feldman) September 19, 2016
Speaking previously about his experience of child abuse in the film industry, Feldman told The Hollywood Reporter that he would “love to name names” of those that had abused him.
“Unfortunately California conveniently enough has a statute of limitations that prevents that from happening,” he explained. “Because if I were to go and mention anybody’s name I would be the one that would be in legal problems and I’m the one that would be sued.”
He also said one of the men who molested him as a child is “still prominently in the business today” and described the problem of child abuse in the movie industry as “a growing problem, not a shrinking problem”, due in part to social media.
“It’s more now than ever because nowadays you can use the internet to create fake profiles and fake accounts,” he said. “They reach out to little kids on Twitter, they reach out to little kids on Facebook, and they say, “I’m a big producer and I can help you.” With social media we have more access than ever to everybody.”
Feldman recently made headlines for his musical performance on the Today Show.