Danny Boyle exits ‘Bond 25’ over ‘creative differences’

The film is scheduled to be released on October 25 2019

Danny Boyle will no longer direct Bond 25, it has been announced.

The director, who was at the helm for Slumdog Millionaire, Trainspotting and more, was officially confirmed to be working on the next film in the James Bond franchise earlier this year.

However, in a post on the series’ official Twitter page earlier today, it was announced he would no longer be involved in the movie. “Michael G. Wilson, Barbara Broccoli and Daniel Craig today announced that due to creative differences Danny Boyle has decided to no longer direct Bond 25,” the tweet read.

NME has contacted representatives for Boyle for further comment.

The film is currently scheduled to be released on October 25, 2019 in the UK, with a US release following on November 8.

Craig is expected to make his final appearance as the spy in Bond 25, although it was reported earlier this year that he could appear in the 26th film in the long-running franchise too.

Speculation over who could replace Craig in the titular role has been rife of late, with rumours surrounding the possible casting of Idris Elba, in particular. The actor stirred up further talk earlier this month when he posted a heavily edited photo of himself with the caption: “My name’s Elba, Idris Elba” – a play on Bond’s infamous catchphrase.

Before that, director Antoine Fuqua was reported to have told a friend he had told producer Broccoli that Elba “could do it if he was in shape.” However, a rep for Fuqua later denied the conversation had ever taken place.