Fast Five, the fifth installment of the hugely successful The Fast And The Furious franchise, has been named as the ‘most pirated’ film of 2011.
The film, which stars Paul Walker and Vin Diesel, was reportedly illegally downloaded over 9.2 million times during the course of 2011, according to file-sharing blog Torrent Freak.
The Hangover II was the second most ‘pirated’ film of 2011, with 8.8 million illegal downloads, while Thor was third with 8.3 million.
Source Code was fourth, I Am Number Four fifth and Sucker Punch at Number Six, with 127 Hours, Rango, The King’s Speech and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 making up the rest of the Top 10.
It was confirmed earlier this year that two further installments of The Fast And The Furious franchise will be made, with both Paul Walker and Vin Diesel signed on to return.
The Top 10 ‘Most Pirated’ films of 2011 were as follows:
1. Fast Five – 9.2m downloads
2. The Hangover II – 8.8m downloads
3. Thor – 8.3m downloads
4. Source Code – 7.9m downloads
5. I Am Number Four – 7.6m downloads
6. Sucker Punch – 7.2m downloads
7. 127 Hours – 6.9m downloads
8. Rango – 6.4m downloads
9. The King’s Speech – 6.2m downloads
10. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 – 6m downloads