Actor was killed in a car crash last November (2013)
Filming on Fast & Furious 7 will be completed using CGI and body doubles for Paul Walker, it has been reported.
Actor Walker, who played Brian O’Conner in the franchise, was killed in a car crash last year (November 30). Since his death, there has been speculation about the plans for the next film in the series and the project was placed on “indefinite hiatus”.
The New York Daily News now says that filming will continue on the film using a mixture of CGI technology and body doubles. A source said: “They have hired four actors with bodies very similar to Paul’s physique and they will be used for movement and as a base. Paul’s face and voice will be used on top using CGI.”
Previously, a spokesperson for Universal Pictures confirmed that Fast & Furious 7 will open in cinemas on April 10, 2015, which is nine months after the original scheduled date. They said: “Continuing the global exploits in the franchise built on speed, Vin Diesel and Paul Walker lead the returning cast of Fast & Furious 7, which will be released by Universal Pictures on April 10, 2015. James Wan directs this chapter of the hugely successful series, and Neal H Moritz and Vin Diesel return as producers.”
Walker starred in all but one of the Fast & Furious film series, with the sixth installment coming in May of this year. Speaking after his death, Universal Pictures released a statement which read: “All of us at Universal are heartbroken. Paul was truly one of the most beloved and respected members of our studio family for 14 years, and this loss is devastating to us, to everyone involved with the Fast and Furious films, and to countless fans. We send our deepest and most sincere condolences to Paul’s family.”