Forbes' annual list has revealed which Hollywood stars were the most profitable in 2016
Chris Evans has been named as Hollywood’s “best value” actor in 2016, according to a new study.
The ‘Best Actors For The Buck’ study, which measures actors’ salaries for their three most recent wide-release movies (released before June 2016) against the film’s box office fortunes, is conducted annually by Forbes magazine to calculate which actors are currently the most profitable in the business.
Evans has come out on top of this year’s list, doubling up on his success as the “best value” actor of 2015. The Captain America star made an average $135.80 (£107.08) at the box office for every $1 (79p) he was paid, with Captain America: Civil War itself making $1.1 billion worldwide. Jurassic World star Chris Pratt followed Evans, making $125.40 return for every $1 paid, while Scarlett Johansson completed the top three with $88.60 at the box office for every $1 paid.
See the full ‘Best Actors For The Buck’ for 2016 list below.
- Chris Evans – $135.80 for every $1 paid
- Chris Pratt – $125.40 for every $1 paid
- Scarlett Johansson – $88.60 for every $1 paid
- Mila Kunis – $49.50 for every $1 paid
- Vin Diesel – $32 for every $1 paid
- Jennifer Aniston – $27.80 for every $1 paid
- Ben Affleck – $20.10 for every $1 paid
- Robert Downey Jr – $18.40 for every $1 paid
- Matt Damon and Jennifer Lawrence – $17.70 for every $1 paid
The new list follows Forbes’ publication of their ‘Hollywood’s Most Overpaid Actors’ study, which was published last week – see who came out on top here.