The Oscar winner previously claimed that she would be stepping away from the film industry to focus on activism
Jennifer Lawrence will reportedly return to acting when her next project is ready to go – despite the Oscar winner claiming that she was taking a year-long break to focus on activism.
Last Friday (February 16), Lawrence told Entertainment Tonight that she would be taking a break from the film industry. “I’m going to take the next year off,” she said. “I’m going to be working with this organization as a part of Represent.Us … trying to get young people engaged politically on a local level.”
“It doesn’t have anything to do with partisan [politics],” she added. “It’s just anti-corruption and stuff trying to pass state by state laws that can help prevent corruption, fix our democracy.”
Now, the star’s representative has told Entertainment Weekly that ‘she will return to work when one of several projects in development is ready to go’.
Lawrence, who is currently promoting her new film Red Sparrow, appears to have seven projects in the works. Listed on IMDB are Ron Howard’s Zelda Fitzgerald biopic, Adam McKay’s Bad Blood, a film with Amy Schumer (currently untitled) and more.
Meanwhile, Lawrence has opened up on the psychological impact of her nude photos being leaked onto the internet. “There was a long period when I didn’t want to be seen sexually and I didn’t want anybody to see my flesh,” the 27-year-old actress said. “There were things that made me uncomfortable.”
Earlier this week, she responded to criticism from BAFTA viewers that she was “rude” to host Joanna Lumley during the ceremony – claiming comments were an ‘inside joke’.
Lumley took over from Stephen Fry as the host of last night’s BAFTAs and introduced Lawrence by describing her as “the hottest actress on the planet” and calling her “ravishing”.