Forthcoming reboot could be the first in a whole story arc, says director Colin Trevorrow
Jurassic World director Colin Trevorrow has suggested that there will be multiple sequels to the forthcoming reboot.
The movie, which will star Parks And Recreation star Chris Pratt, alongside Bryce Dallas Howard, Ty Simpkins, Jake Johnson and Nick Robinson, will be the first in what Universal Pictures are hoping will be a “complete story” arc, according to Trevorrow.
Speaking to Empire, the director said: “We definitely talked about [sequels] a lot. We wanted to create something that would be a little bit less arbitrary and episodic, and something that could potentially arc into a series that would feel like a complete story.”
Speaking previously about the film’s script, actor Chris Pratt said: “What I liked about it was it answers the question of, ‘Why would you do that?’. Like, how do you suspend disbelief to be like, ‘Oh yes, let’s make this mistake again. We haven’t learned our lesson about dinosaurs, we should definitely live with them and see how that works out!’ after like three tries at it.”
Universal Pictures has recently given the film an official release date of June 12, 2015. It will arrive in cinemas nearly 14 years after the last instalment in the series, 2001’s Jurassic Park III.