There are four Brits in the top ten
Vin Diesel has been named the highest-grossing actor of 2017, mainly thanks to the success of car chase sequel The Fate Of The Furious.
His Fate Of The Furious co-star Dwayne Johnson placed second, while Wonder Woman and Justice League‘s Gal Gadot came in third. The list of top-grossing actors was calculated by Forbes by adding up the total global ticket sales from each actor’s films.
Emma Watson finished fourth on the list thanks largely to the success of Beauty And The Beast. Spider-Man: Homecoming‘s Tom Holland and Star Wars: The Last Jedi actors Daisy Ridley and John Boyega made the top ten too.
Check out the top ten highest-grossing movie actors of 2017 below.
1. Vin Diesel ($1.6 billion in total global ticket sales)
2. Dwayne Johnson ($1.5 billion)
3. Gal Gadot ($1.4 billion)
4. Emma Watson ($1.3 billion)
5. Johnny Depp ($1.1 billion)
6. Daisy Ridley ($1.08 billion)
7. Tom Holland ($888 million)
8. Chris Pratt ($864 million)
9. Chris Hemsworth ($845 million)
10. John Boyega ($815 million)
Forbes has also released a list of 2017’s most overpaid actors, which was assembled by calculating how many dollars an actor’s films made per dollar of salary he or she received. Mark Walhberg finished first on this list, followed by Christian Bale, Channing Tatum, Denzel Washington and Brad Pitt.