The new 'Star Wars' trailer doesn't quite manage to catch up with the 'Fifty Shades' teaser
YouTube has revealed its most-watched film trailers of 2014.
The Fifty Shades of Grey trailer tops the list, having racked up 93 million views since it was released on July 24. The trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which premiered on November 28, finishes second after amassing 81 million viewers in a much shorter period of time.
The trailer for The Avengers: Age of Ultron places third with 78 million views, followed by Jurassic World‘s trailer with 64 million views and The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles‘ trailer with 58 million views.
Meanwhile, the trailer for comedy sequel Dumb and Dumber To – which opens in UK cinemas this Friday (December 19) – also places in the top ten after racking up 44 million views.
The Top 10 in full:
1. Fifty Shades Of Grey (93m views)
2. Star Wars: The Force Awakens (81m views)
3. The Avengers: Age of Ultron (78m views)
4. Jurassic World (64m views)
5. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (58m views)
6. Furious 7 (58m views)
7. Minions (54m views)
8. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (45m views)
9. Dumb and Dumber To (44m views)
10. Interstellar (39 views)