The highly anticipated FromSoftware title won in Best RPG, Best Action Adventure, as well the prestigious Best of Gamescom award.
Elden Ring also won Best Sony PlayStation Game, which was announced alongside other platform categories during Opening Night Live earlier this week, where Halo Infinite won Best Microsoft Xbox Game, Mario + Rabbids: Sparks Of Hope won Best Nintendo Switch Game, while Syberia: The World Before won Best PC Game.
While it is notable that Elden Ring and other winners were absent from the big showcases, including the Xbox Games Showcase and Opening Night Live, the rules for submission state that it is mandatory to provide a gameplay video of at least ten minutes “to demonstrate game mechanics, sounds, camera angles, and graphics representative of the game”.
This means that the jury, consisting of German and international games journalists and content creators, will have seen the nominated games even if no new gameplay has been shared with the public.
The full list of winners are as follows:
- Best Action Adventure Game – Elden Ring
- Best Action Game – Far Cry 6
- Best Family Game – Super Dungeon Maker
- Best Indie – Lost in Random
- Best RPG – Elden Ring
- Best Simulation – Park Beyond
- Best Sports – Game Riders Republic
- Best Strategy – Age of Empires IV
- Best Multiplayer Game – Halo Infinite
- Best Support – Apex Legends
- Most original game – Dice Legacy
- Best Microsoft Xbox Game – Halo Infinite
- Best Nintendo Switch Game – Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope
- Best PC Game – Syberia: The World Before
- Best Sony PlayStation Game – Elden Ring
- Best Announcement – Saints Row
- Best Trailer – Saints Row
- Best Line-up – Bandai Namco
- Best of Gamescom – Elden Ring
Elsewhere, Techland has announced that Dying Light: Platinum Edition is coming to Nintendo Switch soon.