The MC was arrested last month
J Hus has sent a message to his fans after pleading not guilty to knife possession earlier this week.
The Stratford MC was arrested last month after police found a bladed article in the car he was travelling in. On Friday (July 20), he appeared at Snaresbrook Crown Court and denied carrying a weapon ”without good reason or lawful authority”.
After being released on bail, he is due to appear in front of the court again on November 15 for a pre-trial review.
Now, J Hus has addressed his fans in a now-deleted Instagram post – in which he said he can “only blame himself for this mistake”. The artist – real name Momodou Jallow – also told his followers to love themselves and “only have people around you that care about you”, Metro reports.
The 23-year-old said that he knew people would judge him, but suggested that they “never experienced a sprinkle of the madness” that he has. Jallow was stabbed five times in London back in 2015.
In a separate post, J Hus also told fans that he hasn’t “been happy in a long time”.
‘I can’t even remember the last time experiencing real happiness,” he captioned an image of himself, “but as a man we put our emotions to the side & provide for the family.”
J Hus was due to perform at this year’s Wireless Festival. Although he was released ahead of the scheduled slot, organisers announced that he would not appear at the event “due to unforeseen circumstances”. Krept & Konan later stepped in to replace the MC. His arrest also resulted in the cancellation of his show at Glasgow’s TRNSMT.