'Crank 3' unlikely, 'The Expendables 2' less so...
Jason Statham has spoken about the possibility of sequels to Crank and The Expendables.
The actor spoke to Collider.com while doing promotion for new film The Mechanic.
Of the possibility of a new Crank film, which would be the third in the surreal cult action series, the he said: “It’s a shame the last one didn’t do that well. I think the first one had a little bit more success and usually if you do a sequel, it usually has to in some ways take a little bit more money than the first one.”
He added: “It was absolutely nuts, which reflects exactly who those two [directors Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor] are. Whether we’ll do another one… Who knows? Working with those guys is not like working with anybody else. They are absolutely mad as hatters.”
Statham was more positive about the possibility of a sequel to The Expendables, Sylvester Stallone‘s action actor ensemble piece that he starred in last year.
“We spoke about it as soon as the movie started to do really well and he [Stallone] says, ‘It would be great to do this again’. And if there’s anyone who can do a good sequel it’s Sly Stallone!”
He added of the film: “We had a good time. It’s something I’d like to repeat… I’m very positive that it will be going.”
The Mechanic, a remake of the 1972 Charles Bronson film of the same name, is released January 28.