Rapper accused of attacking his ex girlfriend and trashing her home in Los Angeles
50 Cent has denied attacking his ex-girlfriend and trashing her home in Los Angeles.
The rapper, real name Curtis Jackson, was was charged with domestic violence and four counts of vandalism according to court papers filed on Monday (July 1). However, in a statement released by his lawyer, 50 Cent has denied the charges and also said that there is no warrant for his arrest. “Curtis Jackson denies these allegations as made against him. It is important to note, Mr Jackson has not been arrested and there is no warrant outstanding for his arrest.”
In addition to the denial, the rapper’s lawyer also said they are looking into the allegations themselves: “We have been in contact with LA City Attorney’s Office and are currently conducting out own investigation into these allegations.”
On June 23, police say they were called to a property in Los Angeles, where they found a woman and a baby. The woman, who said she had been in a relationship with the rapper for three years, told officers that the he had began destroying her property during an argument. She said he kicked open her bedroom door and then kicked her.
Police say they found rooms ransacked with clothes strewn about and items including chandeliers, furniture and a television broken. They estimate there was as much as £4,700 damage done to the woman’s home.
Curtis Jackson will appear in court on July 22. If convicted he could face up to five years in prison and faces £30,000 in fines.