Several gunshots were heard outside in the immediate vicinity of the venue
50 Cent was collaborating with controversial rapper Tekashi 6ix9ine when shots were reportedly heard outside the ‘immediate vicinity of the venue’.
Speaking in a statement today (August 15), an NYPD representative said: “Upon arrival officers were advised that during the course of a music video was being filmed that several gunshots were heard outside in the immediate vicinity of the venue.”
No suspect has been identified and the police department are not prepared to announce whether the event was an intentional attack against the rappers. They have however confirmed that no one was injured.
Last month, 6ix9ine (aka Tekashi69) was reportedly attacked, robbed and kidnapped after filming a music video in Brooklyn.
The rapper was allegedly followed by three men as he made his way home from the shoot. Once he arrived at his house, it’s said that the attackers blocked his drive before forcing him into their vehicle.
He was then knocked unconscious and was later hospitalised after escaping the vehicle and seeking help from a stranger.
Earlier this week it was reported that 6ix9ine could spend up to three years in prison should he be found guilty of sexual exploitation of a child plus additional assault charges.
The rapper is set to face court on October 2 after violating an earlier plea deal. In 2015 he plead guilty to using a child in a sexual performance. In a video he posted online, 6ix9ine was seen stood behind a 13-year-old girl as she performed oral sex in a video he posted online.
6ix9ine, who was 18 at the time, was told that he must not commit another crime within two years of the trial if he was to avoid being put on the sex offender’s register.