A$AP Bari to stand trial over alleged sexual assault

The A$AP Mob founder has reportedly flown to the UK

A$AP Mob founder A$AP Bari will stand trial over accusations claiming that he sexually assaulted a woman at a London hotel.

The artist – real name Jabari Shelton – was sued for sexual assault by a woman who alleged he threatened her and exposed her naked in a video posted online. Shelton was sued for more than $1 million over the alleged incident, which is said to have occurred in a London hotel in July 2017.

He was later arrested at Heathrow Airport in May 2018 and counter-sued the woman for defamation.

It has now been reported that the 27-year-old hip-hop star has flown to the UK to attend the trial, which will take place at the Old Bailey tomorrow (January 3). He faces two charges of sexual assault, with at least four witnesses said to be travelling from the US.

Shelton, who is also the co-founder of clothing label VLONE, previously denied the accusations – with his barrister telling the court he was ‘extremely keen’ to contest charges.

Back in September, Kanye West defended Shelton in a post on Instagram. “There’s no way I would have the number 1 record in the world without this man here,” West captioned an image of the pair on the social media site.