Ian Smith gets a nasty shock in Glasgow...

Manc indie hopes Alfie were forced to pull out of a show in GLASGOW last night (December 20) after their guitarist IAN SMITH was electrocuted during the band’s soundcheck.

The five-piece were due to play at a Christmas show organised by Snow Patrol in Glasgow’s Woodside Social Club. Something short-circuited during the soundcheck and when Smith grabbed a microphone, he was thrown back with electrical shock. He was taken to the nearby Victoria Infirmary and treated for shock and burns to his hands. There were no serious injuries and he returned to the venue to watch the show begin a few hours later. An engineer was called to give the equipment a once over.

Alfie didn’t play, though Astrid remained on the bill.