Rapper took to Twitter last week (August 6) to update her fans on the situation
Azealia Banks says she is prohibited from releasing music until March 2016 due to a contract dispute with her label.
The rapper took to Twitter last week (August 6) to update her fans on the situation. “I really bad at choosing business partners,” she posted.
“So prospect park has me for management and Label (stupid azealia, right) now Jeff kwatinetz no longer wants to manage me BUT…is holding me in my album contract until february 2016. so….. there won’t be any new music until March 2016. sorry guys.”
The Harlem native added: “Pain from the game… i guess i was so desperate to get my album out that i took a bad business deal.. oh well, the months will fly by.”
Banks’ debut record, ‘Broke With Expensive Taste’, was famously delayed for over three years, finally getting a release in November of last year.
This latest delay marks a fresh setback for the 24-year-old. Her autumn tour of America was recently cancelled after co-headliner K Michelle pulled out, citing exhaustion.
Both artists, however, have spoken of their intention to rebook the tour at a later date. Banks is also looking into alternatives to some of the original dates.
“Unfortunate news, as this was my first US tour,” she told fans via Twitter, “but my team will work on an alternative plan to try and keep some of the dates in order.”