The Babyshambles will not face prison over robbery and blackmail...
Pete Doherty is breathing a sigh of relief as the charges against him he was to face in court have been dropped.
NME.COM understands that the Crown Prosecution Service has decided not to press ahead with the robbery and blackmail charges against the troubled star. The former Libertines man had feared he faced a lengthy spell in prison. The charges relate to
an incident in a London hotel in early February when he was alleged to have attacked film-maker Max Carlish.
Following his arrest, Doherty
spent four nights on remand in tough
Pentonville Prison. Since then, he has had to maintain a strict 10pm curfew and his travel has been severely restricted.
Doherty has yet to comment on the news, though Carlish has said he is delighted. “I’m really relieved for Pete,” he told the Sunday Mirror.